FOOT TRODDEN—The image and title of this new book was so intriguing that I contacted Ryan Opaz, the author immediately. I was dying to talk with him.
Listen to our conversation HERE!
Portugal has been a love of mine for a very long time. I visited myself in the mid-80’s, then my parents relocated and lived there for 15 years and that meant I could take travelers there too. “Paint Portugal” trips were frequent. My brother, David (on an earlier show) is a winemaker too, and so it seemed Ryan and I would have plenty to discuss.
FOOT TRODDEN, is a joint venture between two good friends, Simon Woolf a NYTimes best selling author and Ryan Opaz, CEO CataVino travel company, and will be on the shelves in September. Ryan is here with me today to get a sneak preview.
– Ryan Opaz describes Foot Trodden as a first-of-its-kind book that takes a close look at the Portuguese wine making with compelling and personal stories. The book highlights Portugal’s diverse natural beauty, its dynamic history, and its rich compassionate culture.
– Portugal has 20 or so distinct regions. Here Ryan describes some of the country’s stunning landscapes and how they differ one from the other.
– Foot Trodden highlights favorite places and why they stand out as “must-see” destinations with stories and history to bring it alive.
– “A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words”—The cover of Foot Trodden tells a story and invites the reader to consider the ancient method of crushing grapes, with feet that is still used today in much of the country.
– Ryan talks to us next about food and wine pairings and the wine dinners.
– The Foot Trodden project with Kickstarter–and how it has worked and will continue to work for this project.
– Projections for the release—in time for the holidays.
Catavino.net if you want to share about our stories,
If you enjoyed the show, why not go ahead and leave a review on Apple Podcasts. It is much appreciated.
Do you have a suggestion for future podcasts? Fill out our form online