Podcast Episode #12 – A casual visit discussing Italy, food, culture & humanity with Fred Plotkin
In this show you will meet Fred Plotkin, author of 9 books who has written for dozens of leading publications, including The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, The Atlantic, Opera News, Gourmet, Time, Newsweek, GQ, Travel & Leisure, Food & Wine, Bon Appetit, Financial Times, The Daily Telegraph, Gastronomica, and magazines around the world.
🎧 LISTEN NOW! 🎧
The New York Times calls Fred “expert on everything in Italy.” Fred also hosts a YouTube show titled, Fred Plotkin on Fridays.
– The early years in Italy and how he came to write Italy for the Gourmet Traveler.
– Writing & Publishing
– Plotkin’s viewpoints about what makes a place, genuine, authentic, and appealing.
– Grinding food crisis. Plotkin says, “Food is linked not only to culture, health and nutrition, but also to economics and politics”
– Definition of “Foodie” and why Plotkin is NOT one
– The science of food and nutrition and his cookbook for pregnant women.
– Plotkin takes the challenge and designs a trip for a potential first time traveler.
– How Plotkin feeds the homeless. Honoring food and supporting little independent food markets, and family restaurants.
🎧 LISTEN NOW! 🎧
📚 Check out his books on Amazon:
Please listen & subscribe if you enjoy this episode—it’s free and will notify you of future episodes! And, of course, I always appreciate a review, like, or comment
If you know of someone who we should hear from on another episode, please let us know! ➡️www.freedomtravelllc.com/podcast-guest-suggestions